Saturday, January 9, 2010

Erie Snow

An Erie crackhead must be a hardy soul.

Outside of my back door is a pile of snow, pushed up from plowing operations, at least 12' high. While the from door have less snow, it is an ice hazard for the likes of folks like me.

This is par for this part of the world for about 3 to 4 months out of every year. I haven't had to endure this kind of weather for awhile. The positives about my hometown and how those in my situations get by make the weather more than bearable.

It's all about averaging things out. No place is perfect. But when you go over the advantages and disadvantages, Erie seems to come out higher on the list than many other places I've been to.

I mean that I could be sitting in seventy degree weather and wondering where that gunshot came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.