Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making a Budget

Yep! That's what I'm doing!

Making a budget.

Sticking to it is an entirely different matter.

Happily, this month my account is not severely overdrawn. That's a first in a very long time. The last time that occured may have been last July or August. So, no starting out with an automatic deduction from my check for $250.00 to $300.00.

I also only owe $160.00 to friends. Past months have seen me repaying over $500.00 back for loans of various kinds. Cigarette money, a few groceries and a bit of cash for a blast now and again adds up quickly. While not perfect, things are getting better.

And no money is owed any drug dealer. That is a very good thing.

With that in mind there should be an opportunity to get more of my stuff sent up from Dallas. I'll also be able to make a contribution to the Mission. Giving some money to the Mission is only fair. They have fed me 4 or 5 meals a week for the past few months.

One thing does need to be mentioned.

Buying and/or preparing my own lunch is within my means. Going to the Mission gets me out of my apartment and lets me be around people. That is something that is very important to me. Those lunches keep me active and social.

Hiding out is not a healthy activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.