Friday, June 18, 2010

This Sucks!


I've been spoiled lately.

No need to go out. No running around for this that or another thing. Safe in my cocoon with few trips outside the most necessary. Occasionally a walk to the park, but even on beautiful days those have become rarer.

But the fact of the matter is that I've holed up in my apartment and isolating from the rest of the world. And as I have mentioned before, outside and being around people is very good medicine for the Erie Crackhead.

Now I have no choice. You see, Erie Crackhead has another addiction. Yep, he's hooked on the internet and the freakin' World Wide Web. Now that's not really new news, but I'm not sure he would go through this all for crack.

No..wait, he would.

This is what happened. My free WiFi, which I've been using to connect with the internet world, has disappeared. I thought the connection was a municipal setup from City Hall. This is beamed into Perry Square, which is just a few blocks from my house. It may also have been a WiFi signal from Gannon University, which is right across the street from me.

But Wednesday afternoon the signal went POOF! As in it disappeared without warning. I wasn't online when it happened. Later in the day, when I tried to get my homepage up, there was no signal. No big deal I thought, as it was kind of windy and sometimes that messed my reception up a bit.

Thursday morning came and still no signal. What to do, what to do....

I can to the library, my old stand-by connection for my internet fix. Read my emails. Sent a few emails out. Read some message boards and before you know it, the meter runs out. 90 minutes is what you are allowed at the library. That's so everyone can have a turn at the 'puters.

Today I brought my laptop to the library to use their WiFi. Everything seems to be working fine and there is no time limit. Well, their usual business hours are a limiter, but I can't see me here from 9:00AM until 5:00PM pounding on this computer.

On the other hand, this table isn't too bad to sit at. The chair is relatively comfortable and the power outlet is inches away from me. Sigh, but no smoking or food or drinks or....

I'm gonna' have to do sumtin' to fix this situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.