Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's another day.

And the sun is shining and the temperatures are climbing! It's almost acting Springlike out there today.

My posts from the past few days have been, to say the least, depressing. Part of the reason I think is the fact that this is a bad time of year for me. Anniversaries of different events that have had major influences on my life.

It must be stated that not all of the consequences of these events have been negative. There have been many wonderful things that have occurred because of those events.

Yes, even good things can come out of a car accident.

Physical pain does have an effect on any ones mood. The level of pain I have been experiencing over the past few days has been somewhat heightened. Higher levels of pain tend to lower the level of my mental well being.

The type of pain I have is not treated well with the usual assortment of pain medications. Opiates are for all intent and purpose useless in treating peripheral neuropathy. Certain anti-depressants, anti-convulsants and other designer type medications like Lyrica do have a positive effect on that type of pain.

Unfortunately my insurance does not cover most of these drugs. I'm still trying to work out things with my Doc so that affordable solutions can be found that will give me some level of comfort.

Medical Marijuana has also been found to be somewhat effective in treating peripheral neuropathy. Unfortunately that option is not yet available in Pennsylvania.

Heh heh heh!

So, when has the legality of a particular substance stopped me from partaking?

Now to find someone who has something decent that might do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.