Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A new month.

Yep, it's a new month.

Welfare checks will be out in a day or so. Some SSI and SSDI checks will be in the pipeline as well. You know what that means, don't you.

Yep, the slingers will be hustling their best crap just before the checks come out. When the money does get in the smokers hands, it won't be long before the dealers start switchin' up to the garbage.

It's a about the money folks.

I've been almost abstinent for the past few days. It really not because I've taken the pledge or anything like that. it's because I'm broke. It's one way to keep oneself straight.

I am already making plans for when the next check hits the bank. It's like a things to do list before stupidity takes over.

1. Pay my rent. (It's no fun living on the streets when the snow is flying.)
2. Pay my electric. (My apartment comes with heat, but what fun is it sitting in the dark for a month?)
3. Buy smokes. (That's obvious.)
4. Buy food. (The weather may make getting to the soup kitchens a bit difficult.)
5. Buy a bus pass. (There are free buses, but sometimes it's better to grab the first available.)

If there is any left, and really, there should be some, then I'll think about partying.

I really should be thinking about other things.

And that is a sad, sad fact...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.