Tuesday, September 17, 2019

It is getting weird out there

I really hadn't thought that much about the switch from hard to ice.

Hard is crack and ice is the crystal meth stuff that seems to be gaining popularity in this and probably other cities across the country. It is to a degree, cheaper, lasts longer and is a easier climb to peaking. Crack is brutally quick in delivering a rush that at times takes one's breath away.

Crack can make your ears ring. That is your blood pressure going through the roof.

I tried ice myself. No, that's not exactly correct, as I have dived into this form of stimulant drug. An upper, not a downer or sleepy or whatever other terms that may be floating around out here.It is according to the 'experts,' not like the bikers crank that I tried for the first time when visiting my friend who moved to California. The stuff I huffed up my nose in the home of a part time dealer/user was incredibly painful on your sinuses. You need a  hammer to start breaking it up this crap. Then a hard object is used to crush it slowly into  fine enough powder that could be absorbed by the blood vessels in the sinus cavities.

It should be noted that I am describing my experience from an extremely non-medical or scientific point of view. This is purely anecdotal from my perspective, which admittedly is skewed at times.

At that time, I was not aware that anyone was melting it to inject, nor was I aware of any other means to get that mix of industrial cleaners into your blood stream. Back in those days, I would have doubted that one of those various groups of scooter bums would have been talking about the benefit of shooting it up their ass. Boofing of ice seems to be favored over injecting by some users today.

It is more forgiving in that a hammer is't required as the starting point to make it ingest-able.

But the point of this post was to put a spot light on how many ice users are ex-crack heads who seem to be hanging onto smoking rocks while dabbling with the ice.I have seen, and actually have done this myself. I'll have a bubble pipe sitting next to a straight stem which is next to a joint or weed pipe.

This combination may not be all that healthy. We also add alcohol, which might very well make the whole thing a mess. A very dangerous, toxic mess that might be the combinations that have claimed too many already. There you go, as I almost forgot the heroin some use to get a higher high. That and all the other party favors our kind of special escape artist gulp or inhale into our bodies has to some degree altered our perceptions of ethics and morality.

A  few readers don't care for weed, because they have had uncomfortable experiences with pot. I've heard the stories about how some people get downright scared or suspicious of everyone and  everything. Then we add cocaine to that mix. I know more than a few who have geeked after a few hits of that powerful drug.

Now, ice does not seem to create that level of unfounded fear as quickly as the crack. Here's the thing hat bothers me. While not creating, at least early on a complete distrust of the those who are closest around us, it does happen. Occasionally quickly enough to be recognized as some type of  mild psychosis.

These are the things that are rattling around inside of my mind, and most assuredly  the noodles of a few around me. I am not judging, but I am observing this phenomenon slowly capturing some of the people that I and others have grown to trust. This does scare me to no end and it has been mentioned to friends, both old and new.

Having been awake for much longer than is healthy, I think some sleep and another look over this is in order. Part of the reason for this is that I had started typing some dialog that had come off of the TV

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.