Friday, October 11, 2019

Double vision

All this is the work of a twisted mind and that is my thoughts on that.

Now, I didn't specify which mind was involved, but rest assured, the redo was a doozy. It was kind of mentioned that way as well. I can only wonder at the motivation, but crackheads are not the most likeable people in the world.

I guess the same could be made for all addicts. Should I, more correctly, those who engage in activities not that do create something out of the ordinary. One could say that serial killers where, well, addicts.

The past few weeks have been interesting in a off kilter kind of way. Things not adding up and other thing falling too perfectly into place. Yeah, as case could be made for my being labeled a little bit out there. I have been out there and this is different in a boring mundane sort of way.

Wait...
Some of that shit was in no way boring, and some could be labeled down right amusing.

Things went sideways.  Yeah, sideways works wonderfully to describe the events starting with that damned birthday party. I decided that since birthdays were in a limited quantity for me, thyat every one should be celebrated with...

Gusto.

The past birthday celebration was full of that and other things. Bullshit was in copious quantities. So was enthusiasm, lack of enthusiasm, excessive use of drugs and/or  alcohol by most everyone in the planning and set up phase. Cleaning was the prime objective to make my little hovel passable for people who didn't look too closely.

It should also be noted that most of that was piled onto the shoulders of two women that I simultaneously have crushes on. I think Simultaneously works in this case. There is one who seems to be avoiding any suggestion of such and another who could care less and acts unaware.

Unaware is a condition that most people have in my presence. That works out well when you're not being paid too much attention to, as you can observe without too much interference. It does not work out well when it is used as a minor irritant with someone whose knickers you are trying to get into.

But that's another story for another time.

Need less to say, we were to get together sometime around 2 PM the day of the party. I was given a sleep aid to combat the effects of the recreational substances I had ingested. Needless to say, I was asleep until 6PM the night of the party. It should also be noted that a plea for some adults did prove to be sensible in making sure this thing worked out as not planned.

It should be pointed out that I am making a list of possible party planners to use, and another list of party planners not to use. Oddly enough the names on each of these lists are almost identical.

As the evening progressed, my little experiment in social science showed all the possible flaws such a thing could possibly possess. Everything from a wannabe skinhead nazi to the most sexist feminists on the face of the earth managed to make a mark on the evening. One friend feigning anger cleared most of the nearly normal people out at a reasonable after the start of the evening.

This was also the guy who invited the skinhead. There us also certain amount of irony in that as well.

Some people left earlier than I had hoped, others stayed way too long. I think I hit the hay at around 6 AM. No one could have predicted the way it all turned out and that is exactly the kind of event that tickles me the most, Especially if it's someone else's affair.

The following day was a combination of depression, paranoia and other unspeakable imaginings.

With the efforts of two friends, and some adventures of sorts my place is in the best shape it's been in since I arrived from the City Mission. That makes for a happy ending that so may crave.

The thing is that this story ain't over yet...




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.