Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Things are going to change

That's my hope anyways...

For the better part of ten years I have lived alone. Occasionally friends came to visit, get high and generally just party a bit.

It was a rare occasion if someone spent the night. As a matter of fact, that was pretty much discouraged. The thought of any sort of entanglement was antithema to my way of life.

I was and am disabled, but pretty much functioned as an independent person. Those days are now behind me. My condition has deteriorated to the point where help for some everyday duties are becoming difficult at best.

This is the price of living too long.

Other factors have been the passing of a dear friend. She was the one sure bet if I needed something like a trip to a doctor's office or a monthly trip to the grocery store.

Yeah, I know, you're surprised that a crackhead did things like eat or cleaned their house.

The simple fact is that life goes on and there are times we need to catch up to that fact. The thing is that our bad habits stay. To be honest, we tend to gather one or two others along the way as well.

As mentioned before meth and heroin have been added to the mix. Crack and powder cocaine have slipped to the wayside a bit.

It also seems the fans if those drugs, perhaps hobbyists, if you may, also look for safer places to consume their shit.

Heroinin in particular and occasionally meth are injected. IV consumption is easier to accomplish. Needles exchanges and laws allowing anyone to purchase needles have helped along those lines. Therei hardly any excuse to use a dirty needle.

One would think so, anyways.

Smoking meth, or ice as they call it around here is generally smoked. The pipe is a bit different than a crack pipe, but I'm getting on a tangent.

Many if these are homeless, broke and at times desperate. The ways that they acquire their drugs is sometimes at my expense and maybe even dignety.

 Now I need a person to help me with the day to day duties of carrying on life that at least gives the appearrance of normalcy. The activities that have been happening here have to end. Not only for the sake and safety of whoever may come to help, but for my safety and sanity as well.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.