Monday, May 4, 2020

Coronavirus and Cinco DeMayo

Well, I have never really understood the reasons why American citizens would be celebrating a Mexican holiday. This year though, many of us will celebrate any holiday for any reason. Any reason to abandon sheltering in place would be welcomed.

I craved getting out of my apartment, regardless of the reason. Everything, with exception of a fire was welcomed to me. Block parties, to Jazz & Blues Fest were the usual excuses to get outside. This winter, while not particularly a severe one, did offer opportunities to escape for short periods of time.

Then Covid - 19 or Coronavirus made its appearence. The entire community was out on total lockdown. Only businesses that were considered."essential" were allowed to remain open. Many, if not all of you reading this are fully aware of the restrictions the entire population is now yet placed under.

Anyways,  ot get to the main reason for this post, I'll let the historians research elsewhere.

I want to talk about things lost. Those things are both people and stuff. The stuff ranged from the drugs kept here, to the clothes and personal property that has vanished from sight.

I have to admit to a gradually fading short term memory. Part of that may well be the result of the recreational chemicals I ingest. That results in my occasionally losing small to substantial amounts of those drugs.

One thing I am certain if is an unexpected visit from various folks, who believe they know where those drugs are hiding. Sometimes they even find them.

Sometimes.

As the weather improves, the more adventurous of my friends are trying other methods to gain unauthorized access to my space and property.

Sadly, my computer, while seldom used, but surely missed when I get into a mood to write has disappeared.

In regards to people, that makes me ache inside. From my first "home healthcare worker" to a long time neighbor and friend who shared confidences with each other.

Both seem to be doing well, although direct contact has been nonexistant. There are other ways to know they are moving on with their lives, but detail is missing.

I miss them both.

They probably know that fact and may even feel the same.

I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is now reopened to comments.